Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Can I Please Have A Monkey?

I read a story over the weekend on MSNBC about a woman in Virginia that smuggled a monkey into court in her bra.

She bought the little critter on eBay.  She won't say the price she paid for it, but the Lynchburg, Virginia website that had another article about it said that she paid between $1800 - $2600 for the less-than-one-pound-when-fully-grown pet. The monkey, that she named 'Cara' and referred to as her daughter, was about seven weeks old.




Cara, the monkey daughter, wears custom-made clothing.  At least 'Mom' dressed her appropriately for court, as Cara was wearing a pink and white dress.  And a diaper.

The woman took it to court because like all babies, it needs constant attention.

I guess one would have a hard time finding a baby monkey sitter.  Or should I say a monkey babysitter.

I love monkeys!  Absolutely love monkeys.  Even if this brand of monkey was a pooh throwing type of monkey - just how big could it's pooh be?


Now, I am not going to go down the road of 'if I would have known I could buy a monkey on eBay, I wouldn't have gone to Russellville to get Roxy'.  Nope, not going to say that at all.  Roxy is so much a part of our life that I don't much remember what it was like before we had her.

Well, I do remember a life where Roxy hair wasn't all over the furniture and all over everything I wear.

That is a small price to pay for having Roxy.  Roxy who now has discovered that she is able to jump up onto our bed, but has to be lifted down.  Roxy, who now sleeps with us on that bed.  Tight quarters, but I wouldn't undo it at all.  She cuddles up to both of us, having a need to touch both Randy and I while she's sleeping.


Anyway ~

As much as he loves me and wants me to be happy, I am pretty sure that Randy would have had something less than positive to say about an itty-bitty monkey purchase on eBay.

However, I do know for an absolute fact that I do have room in my bra for a monkey.  Maybe even two or three monkeys.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: