Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Slug Days

'Slug days' are not a spring festival around these parts.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no gastropod molluscs in Arkansas.  I have not seen a pesky slug since we left Washington.  Not that we don't lack for our share of interesting bug creatures.



Slug days are when I give up on trying to accomplish anything and sit on the couch and watch prerecorded nonsense on the television all afternoon.

Slug days are when crawling under my blanket on said couch with Roxy in my lap is the best thing in the world.

Slug days happen when it is cold, rainy and thunder-stormy outside.

I had a slug day earlier in the week.


Sunshine.  I need sunshine.  I don't care if it is cold outside, I don't care if a rain cloud floats by for a few minutes, I just need to see the sunshine.  I need sunshine to perk me up.  I need sunshine to make me feel like doing something.  I need sunshine to fight the slug days off.  

Sunlight, say my buddies at Wikipedia, "is the total frequency spectrum of electromagnetic radiation given off by the sun".

Them there are fancy words.  Betcha my grandson knows that.  Will loves all things weather.

S.A.D., or 'Seasonal Affective Disorder' is caused by the lack of sunshine.  One can apparently purchase a light box that will simulate sunlight for those slug days.  I like my therapy better ...

  ... Dr Phil, Disappeared, The Real Housewives of Miami
  ... My couch and the magic sleeping blanket
  ... Roxy


Looking at the bright side, the day wasn't a total loss.

I learned that 'SCUBA' is actually an acronym for 'Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus'.  Who knew?  I certainly didn't.

It's an acronym.

It's a word.

Who knew that E! TV could be educational?


Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: