Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So Simple

If there is one thing that I am good at, it is makings things very difficult for myself.  It doesn't matter what I am doing, I will manage to make it more of an ordeal than it needs to be.


Take categorizing my pictures for instance.  I wasn't satisfied with any program on the market - even after spending a small fortune in software and apps - not to mention not only my time, but Randy's time as well, researching and experimenting with different programs.  Nope, there just wasn't any program that did exactly what I wanted it to do.

Compromise is not one of the first words that I learned. 

It finally dawned on me, after spending way too much time utilizing two programs just to get pictures named what I wanted them to be named and in the folders where I wanted them to live, I have been spending way too much time on working at making things work perfectly and end up, most of the time, not doing anything because it can't be done my way.

At least perfect by my definition.

As a result, I spend a lot of time thinking and obsessing and not doing.


I don't like my Bible study time. Oh, I like the time. I just don't like how I go about the study.  I used Proverbs 31 as a guideline for a devotion off and on over the years.  I dearly appreciate the Proverbs 31 ladies.  I listened to Alistair Begg at Truth For Life at certain points.  Love Alistair Begg.

I am overwhelmed with Bible study materials. I count six Bibles, five devotional books right here in front of me and that doesn't count what I have downloaded as Kindle books or Apple apps or have bookmarked on the inter-web.

Too much. Way too much and I am overwhelemed with all if it.  

Jesus simply went to a garden and prayed.

Maybe its time that I did the same thing.


~ Dorothy

No comments: