Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Me Me Me Me Me

The Faith Barista Jam With Me Topic for this week is ...

What is a passion that you'd like to nurture and grow?


Most would think about this question and say ...
... Painting
... Photography
... Video games
... Reading

Those are my 'outside' passions.  The passions that I do.  Or want to do, when I allow myself the pleasure of doing them.  Those are not my 'inside' passions.  


An inside passion to me is ...
... becoming a nurse
... mentoring a young person
... rescuing every single dog at the Baxter County Humane Society shelter
... rescuing every single cat at the Baxter County Humane Society shelter, only after I bought Randy a lifetime supply of allergy medicine

Inside passions, while very noble, are what one is supposed to say when asked a thought provoking type question like Bonnie did this week.

But the one passion that I would like to nurture and grow?


Me!

Now, how is that for a totally unexpected answer?  It surprised even me.

I certainly don't mean this in a conceited or boastful way.  I mean it more in a Psalms 139 kind of way.  The kind of way that I can actually feel that every single molecule of me was put in its place for a reason.  That God sat up in heaven in a rocking chair by a fire on a cold October evening with His knitting basket full of orange yarn (the BEST color in the universe) and put me together.

I can't be passionate about anything I do or anyone who comes into my life until I am passionate about me.  Wouldn't then everything else just fall into place like it was supposed to?


Here is a challenge for you - for the next thirty days, once a day, read Psalms 139 in its entirety.  It doesn't have to be in the morning, it doesn't have to be the same time every day.  The goal is to read it top to bottom once a day.

Being the helpful kinda gal I am, below is a link to Psalms 139 from Crosswalk.com:



Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

 
FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments: