Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

When God's Plan Clearly Sucks

God has a plan for each and every one of us.

This I believe with all my heart.


I have believed it for as long as I can remember.

Sometimes that plan clearly sucks.

I was brought up in the Lutheran church, attended services and Sunday School every week,  went to Vacation Bible School in the summer and belonged to the Youth Group.  I attempt everyday to build my relationship with Jesus by studying my Bible and having conversations with Him all throughout the day.

Some think I am talking to myself.


I work hard to never ask God "why me?" when 'bad' things happen to me.  I have always remembered a quote from Arthur Ashe from a very long time ago.  Diagnosed with HIV after receiving a blood transfusion during surgery, he was asked in an interview if he ever asked God "why me?".  He told the interviewer, that no, he didn't.  If he did, then he would also have to ask the same question when good things happen to him.

That interview always comes to mind when my seemingly bad circumstances roll around inside my head.

I am then able to put myself in the place of others that I know are in real and serious heart wrenching situations.  I then know that my life is good and that I am one blessed child of God.


On Thursday, a little girl died.  It was God's plan to share her here on earth for only eighteen months. 

Sometimes God's plan sucks.




No comments: