Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Good Things


I peruse padgadget.com every morning for any news on the iPad.  Almost every day, they have a post that details apps that have been put on sale.  I am mostly interested in the games and seldom look at the apps in productivity category.  I happened to give it a glance the other day and noticed an app called simply 'Menu Planner'.  This app is right up my list making and organization neurotic-ness ally.  It has taken me a bit to get the database set up, but I am lovin' the project of adding all my recipes, ingredients and making shopping lists.



I fall in love with Randy all over again when he empties the dishwasher.  Words cannot explain how much I dislike immensely this chore.  When I worked in the outside world, I worked hard at running the dishwasher while I was gone so that Randy would be obligated to empty it before I got home.  I now have the the rule that emptying the dishwasher does not mean using the "I don't know where it goes" excuse to leave dishes on the kitchen counter.  Of course, invoking that rule means some utensils and dishes end up in some very strange places.  I have made peace with that.


At our house, we are perpetually behind on watching current movies released on DVD.  Last night's movie was 'The Blind Side'.  What a great movie, Randy and I enjoyed all 126 minutes of it.  Sandra Bullock is a wonderful actress, and Tim McGraw ain't that bad either.  I fell in love with the younger son!  I want an S.J. for my very own.


Speaking of movies - I threw caution to the wind and moved 'The Help' up to the top of my movie queue.  I gave myself a movie day when I got the DVD last week.  Another great movie.  I am so glad that it stayed so very true to the book.  I have been disappointed so many times when the book and the movie come no wheres near each other - 'My Sister's Keeper' is a great example of a movie gone bad and not doing justice to a wonderful book by Jodi Picoult.


Roxy is finally sleeping all through the night.  For a while, she was getting me up at least once a night, maybe even twice.  With a bit of tough love and a new bed that is so heavenly and comfortable that the three of us feel like we are royalty, it has been going on four weeks of Roxy not needing to go outside in the wee hours.  (Get it, 'wee'?)  I now hope that I didn't jinx myself by putting it in print.


Some people can see animals and such in the clouds going by.  Not me. However, I can see a longhorn in the shape of this leaf.  Randy saw a rooster.  After my thorough explanation, he finally did see the longhorn.  I never did see the rooster.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: