Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What's the Difference?

I upgraded to Photoshop Elements 9 when it was released in September 2010.  I can't remember which version I had before that - it really didn't matter.  I have been way too intimidated by the program to do anything other than a bit of cropping or adding text to a picture.  Sometimes, on my spunky days, I actually was brave enough to crop and add text to the same picture!

I have no clue why I had an abnormal fear of learning Photoshop Elements.  I usually have no problem jumping right in and playing around.  I think it has to do with the huge array of stuff that one can do to a simple photograph.  Layers, masks, color saturation, hue, cloud rendering- it all is enough to make my head spin.  Way too many options to play with and it gives me a headache.

It's kind of like having to buy a new toothbrush or a razor.  Why can't a simple toothbrush or razor be made?  They are both uni-taskers and don't need bells, whistles and 'new and improved.'

Anyway ~

I am ending a six-week course on the basics of Photoshop Elements 9. To test my new-found knowledge, I have played around with some pictures.  





R-Can-Sauce skies are filled with bright yellow cardinals.  One can hardly tell them apart from the sun.



Look close, I added a baby butterfly.




Tricked ya!  There is nothing different on the above two pictures.  How long did you spend looking?



I have been wanting to learn this technique for a while, but the idea of 'masks' intimidated me.  I learned an easier way to accomplish this just using the magic wand tool.



I can go crazy with the spot healing brush.  It is idea to take out pesky things like power lines and other 'stuff' that gets in the way of a pretty picture.



I know, I know ... the cow is missing a bit of it's nose.  I am still a novice, after all!

Have the BEST day ever!

~ Dorothy

No comments: