Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

O Heavens to Cookies

It's the holiday season and y'all know what that means ...

... Cookies

Yep.  Cookies, cookies, cookies are everywhere.

I love cookies.  I would do most anything for a cookie.

I said most anything.


I have never met a cookie that I didn't like.  Well, I take that back.  The WalMart brand of gingersnaps taste like some sort of petroleum product.  I had to have five of them before I made this decision.

My favorite website, The Pioneer Woman is having Cookie Week this week, our local paper, The Baxter Bulletin is having 'The Twelve Days of Cookies', and 'Cookie Walks' seem to be popular around this area.

Cookies, cookies, cookies are everywhere.

Nina, my girlfriend in New Jersey, always sends me a box of yummy Christmas cookies.  I love them all, but the Italian Cookies she makes are my favorite.  The dough and icing are flavored with anise extract.  Little iced cookies with sprinkles on top.  

Hmmm ... cookies.



Debbie makes the most delicious frosted sugar cookies.  I think she uses the same recipe that we used as kids, 'Ethel's Sugar Cookies'.  I cannot make a good sugar cookie to save my life, this is why I depend on Debbie for my sugar cookie supply.

Plus, it is always better when you get a package of cookies delivered to your door.

The Tom Thumb bakery in McKinney (Safeway to those of you in Washington) made these amazing frosted cookies as well as oatmeal, peanut butter, sugar cookies with M & M's, chocolate chip, white chocolate macadamia nut and, last but not least, cranberry almond.



Those were not listed in any order of preference.  I show no cookie favoritism.  I adore them all equally.

Deep down, I am thankful that the nearest Sam's Club is a 2-1/2 hour drive for us.  Too far to make a trip on the pretense of needing toilet paper.  Sam's Club and Costco cookies are to die for.

Top Foods used to have an iced sugar cookie made by Merlino Baking Company in Seattle and sold at Seattle Gourmet Foods.

I really missed that cookie when we moved to Texas.  Imagine my delight when I came across Market  Street grocery store in North Texas that sold the same cookie.  So what if the cookies were two bucks apiece?  The price of goodness, folks.

Just in case  - here is the link:

There is not much better in my book than a good cup of coffee and a cookie.  Even a good cup of coffee and a bad cookie.  A bad cup of coffee and a good cookie are fine, too.  

I am stopping there.



This year, I am starting my first annual cookie promotion.  In order to promote good cookies, I will gladly accept any cookies sent to me.  In return, you will receive an autographed picture of me eating your cookies.  Randy and Roxy will not be in the picture. 

I do not share.

Seriously - remember that.  I do not share my cookies.

Please do not fear that the cookies will be crumbled when they arrive - no worries.  That is what spoons are for.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: