Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Company Is Coming

(This blog was started last Saturday, and for the reasons stated below, I have been sort of tied up.)

Starting Monday, there is going to be a 50 and over party at the ole homestead.

Jack & Teri and Jim & Marcia will be arriving to spend some time with us and the heat.  Jon pointed out to me that it has to be a title to a movie.  I had to break the bad news that he was incorrect.  The correct title is 'Bob & Carol and Ted & Alice.'


'Bob & Carol and Ted & Alice' is a movie that came out in 1969.  Although I know the premise, being only nine years old at that time, I have never seen the movie.  Nor do I have a desire to.  One of the actors was Natalie Wood.  She was so beautiful.  The movie was nominated for four Academy Awards, and the Burt Bacharach song 'What The World Needs Now Is Love' came from the movie soundtrack.

I want to be Natalie Wood when I grow up.

Anyway ~

Jim and Marcia left Hood Canal the first part of May.  They are arriving with their travel trailer and Charlie, Roxy's new love.  They have meandered their way to us, stopping along the way in Las Vegas, to see friends in Arizona, Jim's sister's place in Houston and then on to our house.

Jack and Teri left Puyallup on Wednesday and were in Nebraska City last night.  They are driving down in their Mustang.  Randy has a spot in the garage for Jack to keep his car, but I understand that my car will be in the middle.


No direct Chevy Camaro and Ford Mustang contact is allowed.

I have no idea what the plans are.  It has been way too many years since we have spent any real quality time together.  I am sure there will be more than a few hugs, many pictures, more than what we need in good food and goodies and a good laugh or two.

Maybe even three.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: