Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Who Says That Middle-Aged People Don't Know How To Have A Good Time ~ Part One

I have thought long and hard how to write a blog about the time that Jim & Marcia and Jack and Teri spent with us.  It just isn't coming to me.  Being really tired doesn't help, either.  Right at this particular moment in time, I have officially given up on trying to recreate in words and pictures every single minute of the five days that Jim and Marica were here and the twelve days of Jack and Teri.

Here is a somewhat condensed version of our time together ...

... We ate very well ...

Breakfast at The Cozy Kitchen

... From hamburgers and baked beans, Papa Murphy's Pizza, breakfast at the Cozy Kitchen,

Marcia and Teri enjoying the 'bark' from the pork shoulder that Randy smoked
... pulled pork sandwiches and the delicious Hood Canal shrimp that Jim and Marcia brought, to ...

Teri making Pig Cake
... Pig Cake, Monkey Bread, ice cream with fresh berries and homemade cookies, if anyone got hungry, it was their own fault.  We ate on leftovers many nights, too.  That made it really easy!  Okay, the chocolate chip cookies weren't technically homemade.  I scored big on the Papa Murphy's coupons for free cookie dough.  The sugar cookies, monster cookies and snickerdoodles, however, were hand-made with love by me.

Jim and Marcia enjoying the absolutely best (if I do say so myself) Monkey Bread I have ever made.  Don't you wish you had some, Jack?
I had to laugh when I came across this picture this afternoon. See, Teri, it wasn't just you that I took pictures of eating!


... We all laughed a whole heck of a lot,


... 'Cause I am pretty darned funny when I want to be.  Which, unfortunately, is all the time.

That's the itinerary in my hand and I am working hard at ignoring the peanut gallery
...  There was a lot of input on the ever changing menu and itinerary ...


... I lost custody of my iPad for a bit ...

If Teri or Marcia buy an iPad, Steve jobs had better consider paying me commission
... Mountain Home may never be the same after us ladies hit the town and ,,,


... Tried on shoes and ...


... Got our nails done ...


... Shopped at Rustiques, Gift-tiques, Earl's Antiques, Hallmark, WalMart and Petco.  On a truly sad note, Rustiques my most favorite shop in Mountain Home is closing the end of this month.  On Saturday, I am stopping by to see if there is anything on sale that I absolutely did not need at the full price, but can't resist at 50% off.


...  Jim and Marcia hunted for sparkly rocks to take home to the grandkids ...


... Jack had a glass of wine waiting for me after Roxy and I ran to town for pizza ...


... There was coffee and Mountain Dew on the deck every morning ... 

And you know you are getting old when more often than not, the cold beverage of choice in the afternoon is ice water, a smoothie or soda pop!

To be continued ...

Oh, and if you don't believe me that Pig Cake is delicious, try it for yourself.  Here is the link to the recipe ... The Pioneer Woman ~ Pig Cake.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: