Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ah ... Christmas

What a beautiful and sunny Christmas Day.  Warm enough for Randy to consider digging out his shorts.  The kind of sunny that when it shines through the windows I realize how much dust and Roxy hair is everywhere.  Everywhere.  And I have Roxy nose prints on more than a few of the windows.


Princess Roxy spent Christmas morning sunning herself in her favorite spot ...  on a blanket in front of the garage.


Roxy and I are very sure that we saw reindeer pooh when we went for our morning walk.  Santa was here and filled Roxy's stocking with goodies, so it had to be reindeer pooh.  It just had to be.


I forgot to make a very special scone for our breakfast, so we had to settle on Irish Cream Bars instead.  Certainly not a breakfast food, that's for sure.  Who cares?  It's Christmas!  I will post the recipe for them later this week.


Randy has a ham in the smoker.  Dinner for us is going to very simple, smoked ham with a whiskey and brown sugar glaze and cheesy biscuits.  The delicious Red Lobster kind of biscuits.  Salty and buttery.  And corn.  Gotta have a veggie.  Randy gets a pumpkin pie for dessert.


Is pumpkin a vegetable?  If it is, I won't do the corn.


It took Roxy until mid afternoon to notice there were treats in her stocking and they may just be for her.  I think she was a bit overwhelmed with everything.  After Roxy opened her stocking, we decided to watch a movie.  Really, Randy and Roxy were going to nap and I was going to catch up on a few episodes of Glee.


I gave up on Glee 'cause I don't think the show is that good any more, and I thought I would try to find a movie to watch on NetFlix.  A simple romantic comedy where you know the ending and it doesn't take any brain power to watch.


It is just so hard to find a movie that isn't full of nasty words and bathroom humor.  I finally settled on 'A Christmas Carol'.  The Disney version with Jim Carrey.  The only other one that I had ever seen is the one with Mickey Mouse as Bob Cratchit and Donald Duck as Scrooge.


The best part of the movie was Roxy snuggling and snoring in my lap.


Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful day.

Merry Christmas!
~ Dorothy


No comments: