Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday Odds and Ends


Our Christmas tree sits naked downstairs, drinking up water like a sailor on leave.  I keep assuring it that we will get the pretty and sparkly trinkets on it soon.  I just haven't defined 'soon' yet.


I like Miranda Lambert.  I really do.  I just don't think that 'White Christmas' is her song.  Oops, that was Taylor Swift.  That explains a lot.  I would take Taylor Swift over Miley Cyrus any day.  I really hope I never have to make that choice.


I spent the day putting one foot in front of the other, just doing what was next.  My feelings got hurt yesterday and I am very disappointed in the person who I allowed to steal my joy.  I am also disappointed in myself for allowing someone to steal my joy.  It's mine and I am taking it back!


Randy and I finished up season 6 of 'Bones' last night.  For tonight's entertainment, we are going to start watching season 7 of The Office.  Or maybe Parks and Recreation.  I am in control of the remote, and I haven't decided yet.


Roxy is tearing the limbs off of Monkey.  First went a leg at the knee, last night an arm bit the dust.  This evening another apendage has been severed from Monkey's body.  Poor Roxy looks so sad when they are torn off.  She carefully lays the limb on the floor, and looks at us with her ears and tail down.  Randy just brought me what was left of Monkey's body.  It looks like I will be making a trip to All Pet this week.  And having a burial.


I am taking an online Creative Writing class through the ASU campus in Mountain Home (R-Can-Sauce, not Idaho).  My last assignment was a 1000 - 1200 word essay.  Do you know how many words that is?  A lot.  I don't think I speak 1000 words in a day.  Oh, wait, Randy apparently has some input over that last sentence.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy





No comments: