Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

How I Spent My Summer Thursdays In June Part I

Will and Sammy have spent Thursdays with us last month.  

The first week I made sure Cristy dropped them off hungry so I could make them Mickey Mouse waffles for breakfast.  Debbie bought me this waffle maker for Christmas many years ago and it makes the best waffles.  Mickey has a lot of craters that hold butter and syrup.



Maple syrup has never been a favorite of mine.  I think it’s kind of odd, since I adore all things sugary and sweet, that I don’t care for maple syrup.  Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise, as if I did, I would be tempted to drink it straight from the bottle with a straw.

Ick.

I am more of a jelly and jam gal.  I don’t even have to have butter on my pancakes or waffles, jam or jelly is just fine with me.  And no whip cream.  Whip cream does not belong on breakfast carbohydrates.  Unless you are my grandkids.



Anyway ~

We all were at Will’s last baseball game the night before and the game didn’t get over until 10:30pm.  I knew that I quite possibly could have some tired g-kids on my hands and maybe even some grumpiness during our special time together.

I wasn’t too far off the mark.  It wasn’t too bad, really as the mini-breakdown came late in the day.  We had our waffles.  They both helped me make brownies and then we all thought we would hit the pool for a while.



Sammy took over my craft room and found lots of treasures to paint.



Will played Ratchet and Clank.  I have a lot of pictures like this of Will.

The thin line between happy and grumpy quickly went over to the dark side over the sprinklers in the pool.  There are three of them, but only one is located near a bench seat in the pool.  That one sprinkler was the one they both wanted.  At the same time.



No tears were shed, no blood was spilled.  Pool time was cut short in favor of brownies and ice cream.

All is well with the world.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy


No comments: