Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tired With A Capital 'T'

But it's a good tired.

Oh, my!  What a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  I am one tired puppy.  So is Randy.  So is Roxy.  We all could hardly muster the energy to get our arses off the couch yesterday morning.  Even after sleeping in until 7:30am and then filling up on our morning caffeine.

Coffee for the lady, Mountain Dew for the gentlemen.


In a wise move, nothing but water for the canine.  Roxy occasionally gets a tiny drink of Mountain Dew or coffee, but we are very selective as to when she gets that treat.

I was as prepared as I ever was going to be by the time Shaun, Cristy, Will & Sammy got here late Wednesday afternoon.  Luckily, Will and Sammy hadn't grown ten feet and I was still able to recognize them.

Pizza and poker on Wednesday night.  I had never played poker before.  Years ago, I was a spec-tator when we were camping up at Chuck and Helen's lot and the family was playing.  Randy tried to teach me, but Randy's teaching style doesn't mesh with my learning style.  At least my ten year-old grand-daughter was able to learn me how to play.  I even won the first hand.

We ...


... Played frisbee


... Took walks and collected sparkly crystel rocks 

Oh, I made a rhyme!  And y'all probably think I spelled crystal wrong, too!  I didn't!

... Went shootin'



... Went on an adventure to The Ozark Folk Center




... Ate goodies, goodies ...



... and more goodies


... Watched Elf


... Made gravel angels


... I am not sure what 'we' are doing here.  But that nail brush will never be the same again.



... Went bird watchin'



... Rode the ATV

Oh my.  If I could only bottle the laughs and the fun, that would get me through until their next visit.




The Thanksgiving decorations came down and were boxed up Sunday.  The house is organized and five loads of laundry folded and put away.  Well, not all of it.  The last load isn't put away.  I don't know what it is about that last bit that I don't finish right away.

It is supposed to be a cloudy rainy day.  A perfect day for movies and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

And a nap.

It's official - it's time to change my ringtone to 'I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas'.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: