Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

At Least They Were Free

A few weeks ago, Randy decided that we needed a toaster oven.  I didn't disagree, although I really don't cotton to 'stuff' cluttering up my kitchen counters.  After a month of research, Randy finally decided on a Breville, a brand I had never heard of.  But then again, I don't keep up on the hot new news on toaster ovens.

Ask me what I think about the possibility of Pikmin 3 being released for the Wii, however, I can give you the up-to-date information as I see it.

Anyway ~

In all actuality, this toaster oven seems to have been made just for us.  It fits perfectly in the out of the way space I had allotted to it, and it has a 'cookie' setting.

It was truly meant to be.

I may have mentioned that a Papa Murphy's just opened up in town.  Oh, my, do Randy and I love our pizza and we do love our Papa Murphy's.  Hindsight being 20/20, we should have invested our money in a Papa Murphy's store and not Maui Wowi Coffee & Smoothies.

Oh well ~

On the first pizza we got from Papa Murphy's right after they opened, there was a coupon enclosed.   If I filled out their online survey, I would receive a free clump of chocolate chip cookie dough.  You can bet that I hadn't finished my first piece of pizza before I was answering all the questions positively and getting my Secret Squirrel code for my free cookie dough.


For those of you that aren't familiar with Secret Squirrel, I would encourage you to look it up on Al Gore's interweb.  Of course you can use any method of research that you choose.  I, however, if asked, would tell you to look it up on Wikipedia.  You must also find the Secret Squirrel theme song and listen to it.

Even though I was a mere five years old when Secret Squirrel came out in 1965 and lived for Saturday morning cartoons, I had no knowledge of the cartoon until 2004.  That was when Brian Dent came into my work life and there started one of the most tragic, yet very humorous times of my career.

Anyway ~


My greatest fear was that I would forget my coupon when I went to get the next pizza.  The cookie dough is priced at $3.99, something I am not willing to pay.  But free, oh yes, that makes it worth it.  I worked that out by winding the coupon around my allotted pizza money.

Yes, I am a neurotic budgeter.

Anyway ~

Yesterday, we ventured out to town to run errands, one of them stopping at Papa Murphy's to get a Cowboy and free cookie dough.  Today was chocolate chip cookie baking day.  Since I was baking wine glasses in the big oven and I knew I wasn't going to get any more than a dozen of the cookies, I decided to bake said cookies in the toaster oven.


That being said, the toaster oven and I have got to get to know each other a bit better.  I am happy to say that even though they are slightly burnt, the cookies didn't go to waste.  Luckily, I have another survey form to fill out to get another clump of cookie dough for free.

And those hand painted wine glasses that I was baking in the oven?  I managed to break one while I was washing it.


Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: