Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mountain Home Berry Farm

Last weekend, Randy and I visited the Mountain Home Berry Farm that is in - wait for it -  Mountain Home.  (Arkansas, not Idaho.)









Pumpkins and squash galore.




Oodles of gourds of all shapes and sizes...


Pumpkin cookies...


Delicious looking jams, jellies, salsas and butters...



This is Judy ~



She and her husband own the farm.  Judy offered to take our picture with Bliss, the Cat.  Unfortunately, Bliss the Cat wasn’t in a photogenic mood.  The picture of Randy and I turned out well, however.  Hooray!  Randy smiled for the picture!


This is her husband taking customers out on a hayride.  Randy and I didn’t partake in this activity.  Had I known that there was a miniature donkey that I could pet if I went on the hayride, I probably would have gone.



This is as good as it gets for me until I return to the farm and go on the hayride...



I bought some pumpkin butter and blueberry jam.  Both are to die for.

This is where I intended to insert an educational tidbit about the phrase ‘to die for’.  The best I can come up with is that the saying is from, according to Ted Nesbitt at allexperts.com, Yiddish influenced English and has been around since the late 20th century.

I did learn a new word today:

Etymology:  The study of the history of words, their origins, and how their form and meaning have changed over time.

Thank you, Wikipedia

Anyway ~

Pumpkin Butter is all gone and I will be going back to the Berry Farm very, very soon to stock up for winter.

Have the BEST day ever!
Dorothy

No comments: