Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Missing and Probably Never to be Found Again


One blender container 
One ceramic hand cream dispenser
Two or three Smirnoff wine coolers.

Considering the wack-a-doodle way our belongings were packed and moved by Abbott and Costello, it's a wonder that I am not missing more than I am.

Maybe I am, and I just don't know it yet.

I am not as dumb as I may look some days of the week. I know where the wine coolers ended up. I bought a case of these about six or seven years ago at Sam's Club. Obviously, if it has taken me this long to drink all but two or three of them, I am not going to miss them much.

And I don't really care that the lotion dispenser seems to have sprouted legs and walked away. Even though it was plumb full of good, unscented soy lotion, it was chipped. I still have a gallon and a half left of good, unscented soy lotion.



Plenty to last me quite possibly the rest of my life.

The blender container, however, I want back and I am more than slightly irritated that it is gone. It is a spare for the good, powerful VitaMix blender base that we still have from our coffee and smoothie business. I am pretty sure that I won't be able find a replacement and if there is one small chance that I would be able to find one, it would cost more money than I am willing to pay.



My hopes up this morning, though.  Yesterday I ventured into town and stopped at the Post Office.  There was a note in our box that we had a package and there was $5.45 postage due on it.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out who or what would be sent to us postage due.  

We were on our way to the Post Office this morning to solve the mystery, and Randy said that maybe it was the new owners of the McKinney house sending me back my blender container.

I was secretly hoping Cristy had sent some white chocolate cashew caramel clusters from Sprout's and was plotting on how I could get them home without Randy knowing so I could have them all to myself.

Nope, it was a catalog from Northern Tool.

Boy stuff!

I will probably never cross paths with Abbott & Costello again, and if I did I don't think they would admit to drinking smoothies or wine coolers.  Not manly enough.  But rest assured, I'll be checking their hands.  If they are soft and smooth, I'll know I have found my blender container.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: