Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Counter Top Weekend Part Zwei

Sunday morning and Roxy is up at her usual time, 6 am-ish.  I usually don’t mind getting up that early, but today I am groaning inside to have to get out of bed.  Randy asks if I want him to take her out, but he usually isn’t awake and up that early, so I tell him "no, go back to sleep".

It is cool, foggy and quiet outside.  And a bit dark.  Roxy and I spend about 20 minutes outside sniffing and checking thing out.  I remember that with Counter Top Weekend part ein yesterday, I didn’t get a chance to grind coffee beans to refill my container.  I am trying to think of where in the house I can go to grind enough for a pot of coffee, but be enough away from the bedroom so as not to wake Randy up.

The garage.  I can go to the garage.



Now all I have to do is figure out where the key to garage is.  As un-awake as I am, I will  also have to figure out where the garage is.

Roxy and I head back to the house and Randy is up.  If I had thought that he was truly serious about getting up, I would have taken him up on the offer to get up with Roxy.  At least now I don’t have to find the garage key - or the garage.

New rule :

One Should Not Attempt to Grind Coffee Beans Before One’s First Cup of Coffee

(That is a bit like an oxymoron to me.)

It seems that I didn’t have the container secure on the grinder and half of my good, flavorful Sprouts coffee is either on the floor where the range is supposed to be or on my new half-way installed counter.

Sigh.

There is no use crying over spilt coffee grounds.  Though I did consider banging my ankle into the picnic table again.

Randy and the dog are taking a nap, so I decide to climb back in bed.  Some stupid ‘to do’ alarm chimes on my phone, then my iPad.  I know it’s 9 am, so I had better get in the shower because we all know that the installers will be here at 10 am sharp.

10 am comes and goes

11 am comes and goes

12 noon

1 pm

2 pm

Finally, at 2:50 pm, a phone call full of apologies and excuses.  It’s best if I just hand the phone to Randy.

It seems we will try it again Monday morning.  What time?  Does it matter?

I have decided to find three non - counter top - related blessings for the today:

~  A good hair day

~  Lounging on the deck with Roxy the Dog



~  A full box of wine 

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: