Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Baxter County Fair

Last week, Randy and I ventured out into the big city of Mountain Home and attended the Baxter County Fair.  We knew that it would be a very small fair, and there is no way that it can be compared to the Puyallup Fair or to the Big Tex.

I emailed Sammy and told her we were going to the fair, she emailed me back and said, “that is so cool, we don’t have fairs here”.

I have to be honest here.  Yes, little girl, you do.  I know that your family is busy, but I do hope one of these days you and Will can go to the Texas State Fair.

Fairs Are Fun.




Anyway ~

We actually managed to spent two hours there looking at the critters, the flowers, the crafts and the pictures.  If I am still taking pictures next year, I may convince myself to enter a picture or two.  



Everybody gets a ribbon!

Randy was really disappointed that the carnival was closed and we couldn’t go on any rides.



Kidding.

I was really disappointed that the Sugar Shack wasn’t open.  



Not kidding.

I bought myself a ‘Squish Baby’ because it’s, well squishy.  I refuse to say anything about the booth that was selling these for a .50 donation.  I make no public statements about religion, morality or politics.  I just think my Squish Baby is pretty cool.  He (or she - I can’t tell) will be popping up here and there.



Oh, did my feet hurt!  I think this is the first time in months that they have been stuffed into tenni-runners for any length of time.  My feet have been enjoying the freedom of FanFlips flip flops.  Roxy also enjoys them, too, and loves to steal them from me.



Seriously, FanFlips flip flops (say that three times after drinking wine from the box) are the greatest flip flops in the world.  I am not at all biased ‘cause our good friends Philip and Estelita  own the business.

Look ‘em up on the inter-web - http://www.fanflips.com.  They sell the flip flops to schools and other organizations to sell as fund raisers.  The sweet thing about the flip flops is that you can have your school name, organization logo - or just about anything embroidered on the strap.  And they are sturdy and comfortable.  I have had mine for about four years - I wear them constantly as soon as the weather is warm enough.

Anyway ~

There was a car show...



There were crafts...



There was baking and canning...



There were critters...



These cute little guys grow up to be these cute big guys...

Muskovie Drake

There were flowers and vegetables.  And even a couple of goldfish!



And what fair wouldn't be complete without a random dinosaur!




Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: