Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

SOOC

I just realized that my Photoshop phobia has a name.  Straight Out Of the Camera - or SOOC.  'Cause that's what I do - use my pictures right out of the ole camera.

It's always good when you are able to put a name on an affliction.  It is the first step in resolve-ation.  

While I sometimes do a bit of cropping, you will not find me tweaking pictures right yet.  Well, there was one picture that I did adjust a bit before entering it in a photo contest.  I lost the better part of the day messing around with the contrast, hue, and fancy effects.  The picture did look a bit better after I brightened up some of the colors in it, though.


This is before tweaking


This is after

A bit better.  This picture was taken last February at the Little River Canyon National Preserve in Fort Payne, Alabama.  What I didn't care for, that couldn't be helped at all, was the issue of the bland colors due to the winter.  I am not a big fan of the January through March time of year before all the plants and trees have blossomed.  I cannot find the beauty in the dreary and drab, waiting for spring colors.  Sorry.

Photoshop overwhelms me with all it's options.  But I am making progress in tip-toeing into photo editing.

Oh, and the picture did not win the contest.  No surprise there.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: