Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Batting 50%

I gave myself two photography assignments this past weekend.

The first one was to learn how to take action pictures. Will had a baseball game on Saturday afternoon.  The perfect situation to test out the settings on the camera to take pictures of moving subjects and Will and Sammy are the only things in my life that move quick enough to worry about blurring.  I am pleased to say that I am (almost) very happy with the results.

The camera did everything I told it to.  I used my zoom lens, set all the autofocus buttons correctly and even used the continuous shutter release feature.  All and all, I am very, very pleased with the pictures.  The only thing that I believe that I could have done differently was to frame the pictures a bit better.


I cut off Will's foot in this one.


Again, cutting off Sammy's feet.  Maybe I need to explore my issues with feet.  Even still, this is one of my favorite pictures of Sammy.

With my new found confidence, my next assignment was to take pictures in low light without using the flash.  Randy and I were meeting Cristy, Shaun and the G-Kids for a combination Mother's Day and Cristy's birthday celebration at the Macaroni Grill on Sunday.  I knew that the Macaroni Grill would be the perfect low light place.

I did my homework and read up on which settings would work best.   Boy, did I fail at this.  I am so unhappy with my pictures.


I was so disappointed and discouraged when I looked at the pictures after we got home.  I don't do discouragement well at all!  I put everything away to go sulk on the couch and watch The Amazing Race.  The Cowboys didn't come in first, so that made it worse.

But the good news is I don't think I will have a problem getting everyone back to the Macaroni Grill for a reshoot.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: