Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Rocks in My Pockets

It has been windy here.  Very windy.  It's normal, much to Randy's dismay, to have the wind blow on a regular basis here.  But the last few days have been the kind of days that one needs to carry rocks in their pockets to make sure one doesn't blow away.

Which is unfortunate, because I have found it quite difficult to find much for rocks here.  Clay, yes, rocks, not so much.

Randy dislikes immensely the North Texas wind.

The pool has whitecaps and is a mess and there is dust everywhere.  We were out running errands yesterday and the sky was very hazy from all the dust in the air.  Ugh.  I'm not able to go outside to take any pictures.  I haven't quite figured out the  shutter speed to use when my subject is blowing past me in 25 mph winds.


This picture is the best I could do to take a picture of the wind.  It's invisible, you know.  The sunrise is orangy and hazy because of the dust in the air and you can sort of see the tree on the left bending in the 'breeze'.

When I do go out for my walk, I am wearing my hair off my face with a headband.  This is not a good look for me.  In fact, next month, Amanda from the hair salon and I are going to be discussing my journey in growing out my bangs.

We spent Saturday afternoon at Will's baseball game eating dust.  Just why do those young men have to slide?  With all the wacky rules they have for young men's baseball, they need to implement a 'no sliding when wind speeds are over 10 mph' rule.  It was so bad that I made Randy buy me a margarita at lunch afterwards.  Well, it didn't hurt that it was our anniversary, either.


Luckily, we haven't had any of the severe thunderstorms that accompany spring here.  I does not bother me at all that I haven't heard the tornado siren in our neighborhood go off yet this year.  We seem to have some strange weather phenomenon to the west of where most of the time, the storms separate and go above or below us.  I need to check with Will on this.  Weather is his thing, and he'd know.

Oklahoma was hit hard by tornados this past week.  I can't imagine waiting through a tornado.  I am not going to complain about 25 mph winds anymore.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: