Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

I Adore My...

...New Purse!

My new purse is a Mother's Day gift from Shaun, Cristy, Will and Sammy.  I love it.  It is just the right size - not too big, not too small.  They picked it out because they know that I like purses and the color orange.  This purse is kind of orange, without being too orange.


Orange is my favorite color, but there are just some things that aren't meant to be orange.  Cars, for instance.  (Inferno Orange on the new Camaro is nice, though).  Everyday handbags for middle-aged grandmas are another.

I gave up on the 'Quest for the Perfect Purse' a couple of years ago.  I used to have a purse collection that was on par with Imelda Marcos' shoe collection.  Okay, maybe not that large.  But I had a lot of money invested in purses.

Randy collected barbecues, I collected purses.  Seriously, I can't keep up with all the barbecues that the man has had in his BBQ career.

Anyway ~

A couple of years ago, I my shoulders started to ache, really ache from all the stuff I felt that I needed to carry around.  Stuff that I more often than not, did not need.  But I had to have with me just in case of those 'just in case' moments.

I had to do something different.  For over a year, I carried a smaller purse.  And I never had a 'Oh my, I need a fingernail clipper and I don't have one with me' moment.  If there ever was some such emergency, that's why CVS and Walgreens opens stores on practically every other corner.

These days, I am finding that my older eyes are in need of my glasses a bit more often.  So, I need a receptacle to hold my spectacles.  I have also discovered that I can't take pictures if I don't have a camera.  And since today I need to take pictures of cereal at the grocery store, I need to be able to carry the little camera.  

But I will absolutely not be carrying every over the counter medication for any and all ailments that may hit in the 2.5 seconds before I come across a store of some sort, 3 pens, eye drops, gum and mints or an assortment many other 'just in case' items.  I have enough imaginary burdens on my shoulders.  I don't need to add to it.

Thank you Cristy, Shaun, Will and Sammy for my perfect purse.  I love ya'll.


Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

No comments: