Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Laptops Don't Like Coffee

Here's a helpful hint:  If your computer is moving too slow for you, refrain from helping it out with a dose of caffeine.

Yesterday morning, before I was even down one cup of coffee, I managed to spill said coffee over the keyboard on my laptop.

This is annoying for a couple of reasons.  Obviously, I don't want to damage the laptop.  That goes without saying. 

I am particularly annoyed at the waste of my precious morning coffee.

It's probably a good thing that my reflexes were at least up and running enough to simultaneously start mopping up the coffee and getting the laptop shut down.  And save the iPad.  Which, thank goodness, was really not in any danger at all.

With a little less coffee in me, I probably would have tried to salvage the coffee by draining the laptop over my coffee cup and not have made saving the laptop be the priority.

I don't think a heck of a lot of coffee was spilled.  But when you are a plugged-in electrical device, 'heck of a lot of liquid' is arbitrary.


Now the laptop is draining upside down on a towel.  My in-house computer consultant recommends that it dry for at least a couple of hours before I use it.  He also looked at me a little oddly when I just asked to use his phone.

You see, I had a fresh cup of coffee in my hand.

Have the BEST day ever!
~ Dorothy

P.S. I just turned on the laptop, and with the exception of the keyboard needing to be unstuck here and there, all seems to be in working order.

I did receive this message when I turned it on:






No comments: